"TCS joins top 10 global IT services companies club" "Google And Apple Battle To Offer Exclusive Game Apps" "7 things to know while buying a laptop" "Apple to recycle all products for free"

March 16, 2012

"Match 3: Pak v SL Asia Cup'12"



Asia Cup - 3rd match
Pakistan v Sri Lanka
Pakistan won by 6 wickets (with 61 balls remaining)
Sri Lanka 188/10 (45.4)
Pakistan 189/4 (39.5)
Presentation ceremony: 
Aizaz Cheema watches as Mahela Jayawardene offers a catch to the off side
Aizaz Cheema watches as Mahela Jayawardene offers a catch to the off side, Pakistan v Sri Lanka, Asia Cup, Mirpur, March 15, 2012 
Aizaz Cheema is the Man of the Match for his four wickets. Cheema: "I was under lot of pressure but captain came to me and said bowl attacking deliveries and don't worry. With the new ball, I thought it would come on to the bat even if I bowled the slower one, so I kept it for later.
The kind of start they got against me, I thought there is no way out. But the captain and Shahid Afridi supported me."

Misbah: "It was a really good partnership between me and Umar Akmal. I told him to play his normal game, the runs automatically came. Cheema was hit for a lot of fours in his first couple of overs. I told him your main weapon is aggression, so bowl with aggression, No point containing batsmen on these pitches, best to take wickets. It was important for me to get my confidence back, England series was not good for me, so this innings is a confidence booster. We have to be more consistent with the bat, the bowling is always keeping us in hunt."

Mahela: "Batting first we felt 250-260 would have been a good score, we had a good start, but we lost too many wickets and exposed our lower middle order. I thought the Pakistanis bowled really well. They had a much better game than us today. The argument [about the Sri Lanka batting being top-heavy] can go both ways. If we [seniors] bat in the middle order, the day we go, there will be no one in the middle order. The youngsters will learn from these mistakes. When we click at the top, we finish off games."

No comments:

Post a Comment